Tuesday 17 August 2010

Nothing to Report ...

So nothing really has happened this last week to report on.

I haven't had second thoughts and I am still set on going to Uni.  I can't wait to get in the studio's to have a play around.  I'm just really excited at learning some new skills and techniques.

I still haven't sorted out a part time job, but I am kinda stuck with that until I get my timetable which I won't get until the beginning of September.  Until then I'm keeping my eyes out for a job that might be suitable.  As long as they will be flexible with the work hours then I would be able to apply  now, but I haven't seen anything as yet.  The only job I am truly dreading doing is stocking shelves.  I quite like retail work, I love being on the tills and the customer interaction, but I hate stocking shelves!  But you got to do what you got to do.

I need to over to the Uni finance office this week and make sure that I have applied for everything that I am supposed to.  I know I was shocked the last time that I spoke to them to find out that I could claim a discount on my council tax, because if you read the 'if I should claim' page on the local council website it all but tells you, you aren't eligable.

I find this pretty typical when it comes to benefits of any kind though.  If you ask what you are able to claim you are told nothing, if you ask if you are able to claim benefit X then they tell you yes.  It's a sorry state of affairs really.

No comments:

Post a Comment